I graduated from the graphic design and multimedia program department of LP3I (Indonesian Institute of Education and Profession Development) college in 2008. I believe that my experience and education background in computation fields will positively contribute to the products I offer in the translation industry. I am an active learner, have a ‘can-do’ attitude, and unquenchable thirst for knowledge and information, among the other aspects that the translation industry demands.
Language Pair, Domains, Availability, and Rates
For now, the language pair I can handle is English to Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia) while the fields of expertise of mine are general business text, technical (industrial machinery) translation, and IT-related material including UI translation, game localization, web localization, mobile apps localization, and DTP.
I am available from Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm (GMT +7). But I am a very flexible translator which is also available during the weekend and national holiday (except in some religious festive).
For the rate, I am sure that there are literally dozens of factors that affect translation rates and I’m afraid there is no such thing as a “one-fits-all” translation rate. But, whenever you have projects big or small with limited or unlimited budgets and need to hire a reliable translator, do not hesitate to contact me and let’s discuss the price. I accept payment (USD and EUR) both through PayPal and wire transfer.
During my journey, I have done many translation projects and a few reviewing tasks. Here are the summaries:
- Software / UI localization, > 15K words: Microsoft Dynamics, AviRecomp, OpenSignal, Avira Lingo, etc.
- Website localization including social media and blog, > 70K words: Perl programming language blog, Pinterest, Youtube, etc.
- Game localization (PC game, Android game, iOS game), > 50K words: One for Eleven, Onion Knight, Fantasy Knight, Final Taptasy, Marvel, etc.
- Business and marketing texts (letters, promotion / brochure, market research, etc.), around 10K words: Disney, Daniel Wellington, Cheonan adv., etc.
- Technical document (manual book and safety manual of industrial machinery, home appliances, and medical equipment), > 200K words: Sony, Nikon, Toyotanso, Sidel, DMG Mori, Keyence, Apple, etc.
- Subtitling, > 10K words: documentary, fiction, profile.
Other Experiences and Hobbies
|1.||Translator and subtitler of Cinema Lovers Community (CLC) Purbalingga (voluntary, for non-paid project)||Film, short film, documentary film, fiction, subtitle, film festival||2006 – present|
|2.||Writing personal blog about learning English||Blogging, social media, learning English, hobby, education||September 2010 – present|
|3.||Writing personal blog about software review and Linux OS||Software review, computer software, utilities, antivirus, portable application||January 2014 – present|
|4.||Contributor of English Forum section of Radar Banyumas, a local newspaper||Learning English, mass media||November 2010 – November 2012|
|5.||Contributor of PCPlus, a national computer tabloid||Computer application, software review, software testing, mass media||May 2012 – May 2013|
|6.||Contributor of PCLinuxOS magazine||Online magazine, Linux, DTP, graphic design tutorial, education||June 2014 – present|